Taste of the Town
Taste of the Town
Taste of the Town is First Lutheran Church & School's annual gala and silent auction each spring. It's the opportunity to go restaurant-hopping, dance and sing, hear great live music, enjoy beer and wine tasting, find childcare for the kids and more.
Funds raised from the Taste of the Town benefit important areas of FLCS ministry. Past funds have gone to the the renovations of Faith Hall and with a focus on mission of improving the church and school for ministry.
Through the preceding Taste of the Town event events more than $30,000 has been raise to support campus improvements and projects beyond the reach of regular giving or schools tuition.
During Taste of the Town there is a silent and live auction. Some of the past items have been:
- Golfing with Pastor Hurst
- Front row seats to First's 8th grade graduation
- David Yurman Sterling Silver Earrings valued at $450
- 4 sets of Disneyland Park Hoppers
- Coach purse
- Nikon camera
- Gondola ride through Venice
- A stay at the Club in Big Bear Village
Each year, there is a theme to Taste of the Town. And, much of the work for this event that hosts more than 200 people cannot be done without the support of people working on this event. Ways to support Taste of the Town are:
- Auction gifts are always needed, and we hope that our family here at First will reach out to their contacts in the community to provide such gifts. In past years we've received wonderful resort weekends, golf packages, technology items, memorabilia, signature clothing, jewelry, show tickets, etc. Anything you can raise is much appreciated.
- Event volunteers and helpers are needed to make this the greatest event ever. There are many ways to help out - tech, hospitality, food & beverage, auction management, and the like.
- Preparing baskets and auction items are a big part of the preparations, and help is always needed.
- Decorating and preparing the TOTT event space is a big job, and the planning team is looking for as much help as people are willing to give.
- Call the Church Office at 310-320-9920 ext 140 to find out how to help.
If you are interested in attending this event, tickets will be available for pre-sale in the Scrip Office and between and after services on Sundays. If you'd like to help out with this event, please reach out to the church office and we will get you in touch with the right people!