Easter Season: “Mission in the ‘MIDL’”
Easter Season 2018 will be very special at FLCS, as we observe a two month emphasis on Ministry in Daily Life (MIDL). Each week during the Easter Season we will focus on different ways people live out their faith in the “MIDL” of workplace, home, society, as we bring Easter joy into our daily contexts, environments and commitments.
Plan to join us for each of these special Sundays, as we acknowledge those who have lived out their faith in the day to day world of work, citizenship and household:
- April 15 - Healthcare & Wellness: Today we give thanks for all those who care for others, and practice the healing arts among the disabled, hurting and infirm.
- April 22 - Education & Training: Educators, school staffs and training professionals are the focus on this Sunday. We give thanks for all who serve as teachers.
- April 29 - Technology & Industry: From retail to aerospace, corporate leadership to industrial centers, today we give thanks for all who serve, in the vast array of secular callings in which so many are employed.
- May 6 - Arts & Culture: Stewardship Month begins, and we celebrate those engaged in creative pursuits, who bless our lives through beauty and expression.
- Sat May 13 at 5pm: Taste of the Town Gala
- Sun May 13 - Family & Household is our theme today, Mothers Day, as we offer thanks for the gift of faithful and caring women in our lives, and remember the crucial role of families and households in sharing the faith and in teaching ethics & service.
- May 20 (Pentecost) – Unity Sunday || FLCS Annual Meeting
Today is Annual Meeting day, with a special schedule of services and gatherings to celebrate the mission. This will include:
- Brief Communion service at 8:30am
- Festival Communion & Unity Service at 10am
- Rite of Confirmation
- Recognition of Ministries in the World
- Celebration Brunch & Annual Meeting 11:15am
Mark your calendars, and plan to be with us each and every weekend as we gather our prayers, our praises, and our energies in the joyful work of the Risen Christ!